News / Articles
2016 August Newsletter
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Newsletter
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502
Friday August 12th, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting,
LifeBridge Christian Church, 10345 Ute Hwy, Longmont, CO 80504. Open to all members and guests.
The church is located 1/4 mile west of US 287 (Main Street) on the north side of Hwy66. Cross street is Gay. The main entrance is in the center of the building with two flags on each side of the main doors.
|6:30pm to 6:59pm - Social Time
|7:00pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Statement on meeting etiquette.
- Welcome guests.
- Treasury amount and Fund amount.
- Vote in any new members.
- TRR Club Express update.
- New/Other business.
- Planning for the Horiuchi Mystery trip.
- Planning for the Rocky Mountain High trip.
- Planning for the T-33 Crash Site trip.
- Planning for the Pass Hoppers trip.
- Planning for the Middle St. Vrain hike trip.
- Review of the COA4WDCI 3rd Q meeting.
- Review of the Crescent Mackinaw trip.
- Review of the Mile Hi Jeep Club All-4-Fun event.
- Review of the Ladies Run.
- Update calendar of events. Leaders to inform club on changes made to the online calendar.
- Close meeting.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer and Fund reports were read.
- The 2016 calendar of events is only on the new site. There is a link from the old site to the new calendar. The newsletter can also be found on the new web site in the News section. TRRTalk is on Yahoo and we have a Forum called TRRTalk on Club Express. At present both are active.
- When creating photo albums on Club Express, make sure to include the date in the title of your album for future reference when people view your photo album.
- Did not change our Dues paying time frame to avoid notices from the other organizations of late dues.
- Club Cooler has been found and we will continue to use it.
- Motion by Mike Moore, second by Larry McGimsey, to pay Gordon Howe the cost to print and mail, $90.32, the Lefthand Canyon OHV letter to the public lands agencies and the OHV organization. Motion passed. Monies from the Kilgour fund.
- Motion by Roger Briden, second by Linda Gilgren, to pay for the memorial bricks for Darrel Turner and John Preston, $74.95. Motion passed. Monies from the Kilgour fund.
- Motion by Gordon Howe, second by Matt Schwall, to pay for the Middle St. Vrain project lunch, $65.22. Motion passed. Monies from the general fund.
- In 2017 the Life Bridge Christian Church will be raising the cost of meetings from $15 to $40. The club needs to do research on other options or pay the increase.
- Discussed Boulder Ranger District OHV meeting. FR216.A, the spur to the top of Iron Clads, was closed and re-vegetated by the Forest Service. NORAC was not happy with this as they have this road system adopted and were not informed. Communication is still lacking with the Boulder Ranger District on what is happening on the district. We meet with them monthly.
- Planning for the Mountain High trip. August 17th, 2:00pm, meet at I-25 exit 234, the Starbucks. Stay the night in Carbondale. August 18th will be a trip into the Flat Tops area north of Glenwood Springs. August 19th will be a trip through Leadking Basin. August 20th will be Schofield Pass. August 21st will be spent in Crested Butte. August 22nd will be a trip over Pearl Pass.
- Planning for the Ladies Run to Johnny Park and Pierson Park. Lunch will be in Estes Park. Meet at Wal-Mart, north Longmont at 9:00am, August 6th.
- Planning for the Horiuchi trip to North Twin Cone on August 13th. Meet at the Loaf and Jug on Bulldogger road east of Bailey at 9:00am.
- July 10, COA4WDCI Public Lands Day, was cancelled due to the Cold Springs fire near Nederland.
- Reviewed the July 4th trip, the Miller Rock trip, and the Middle St. Vrain trip.
- Motion to close meeting by Christy Howe. Second by Matt Schwall. Meeting adjourned.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is August 26th
The TRRTalk forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
Old List: Email TRRtalkfirstname.lastname@example.org from the email account where you wish to receive these emails. Please include your first and last name in the email so we can verify your membership status prior to approving your request to subscribe.
For questions on TRRTALK send an email to Gail Straty at WilyCoyot(at)aol.com or Brian Gilgren at bgilgren(at)yahoo.com with TRRTALK in the subject line
The following people are signed up to bring refreshments to the club meetings.
- Aug - Jeff and Jennifer Teebken
- Sep - Wally and Pat Cleaveland
- Oct - Larry and Paulette McGimsey
- Nov - Gary and Tina Bogott, Greg Beery
- Dec - Marc and Jennifer Dominguez
Snow Tires and rims. Four BFGoodrich T/A LT-265/70 R17 $200, all four. Honda 4 bolt 13" rims $50 all four.
Contact Roger Briden (303)402-0682
Vehicles for Sale
Judy Turner has the Blue 2005 Rubicon, and 2010 Jeep Commander with hemi for sale. Also, the Roll Back Trailer is for sale. Please contact Greg Beery for details and pricing (303)776-1148.
Conceal Carry Training Offered
Here is a special offer for greatly reduced costs for CONCEAL CARRY training classes.
Rick Kilton is an experienced NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, teaching Concealed Carry and other firearms classes like NRA Basic Pistol.
The Concealed Carry class is 4 hours of classroom instruction with no live fire included. At the end of the class the students will receive a Certificate of Completion signed by a Certified NRA Firearms Instructor (required) that would be used to apply for the Concealed Carry permit at the local Sheriff's office, along with the application and proper fees.
The typical fee for this class is $75 but will be only $50 per person for TRR members, family, and friends. The class is held in Rick's home in Berthoud. Class times and dates are established based on the student desires and schedules. He would request at least 2 students per class, there is no maximum class size. Students do not need to own a gun to take this class. Rick uses various firearms to illustrate types of guns used in Concealed Carry. Students who own a gun may bring the gun to class for "Show and Tell' but all ammo must be left in the car. This class is very useful in starting to choose a Concealed Carry gun.
|Colorado Concealed Carry Classes
Rick Kilton provides Concealed Handgun training to residents of Colorado. Classes are intended for new conceal carry applicants or to give current conceal carry holders the training they need to keep up with Colorado's firearm and deadly force laws. Class times are typically 4-5 hours and taught by this NRA Certified Instructor.
Future handguns owners and people who want basic pistol training with live fire exercises contact Rick for a custom program for you or your group.
- Choosing your carry weapon
- Choosing your carry technique (Holsters and Handbags)
- Choosing your Ammunition
- Colorado Deadly Force Statutes and Laws (Extremely important for gun owners)
- How to avoid a deadly force situation
- Determining when you can use deadly force
- The "Threat Triangle"
- Exercises and role playing
- What to say and do after a shooting incident
Call or Text Rick at 303-619-9151 or email at email@example.com for questions or class arrangements.
|Recent Trip Articles
©Copyright - Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Inc. - 1985-2016