Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Newsletter
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502
March 2017 Newsletter
Wednesday March 8th, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting,
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street. We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 7:00pm - Social Time
|7:00pm to 8:30pm - Meeting
- Statement on meeting etiquette.
- Welcome guests.
- Treasury amount and Fund amount.
- Vote in any new members.
- TRR Club Express update.
- New/Other business.
- Update calendar of events. Leaders to inform club on changes made to the online calendar.
- Plan for the COA4WDCI 2nd Q meeting.
- Plan for the Utah trip.
- Close meeting.
- Presentation on Iron Mike and North Twin Cone
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Welcome guests
- Treasurers report was read.
- Fund report was read.
- Voted in new member Jim Crowley.
- Guests were Steve Webb and Jeff and Jim Crowley
- Voted in Judy Turner as an Honorary member.
- Club Express update. Trip forums should be started using the Club Express page to focus emails about trips to members that sign up for each trips forum.
- Will keep the P.O. Box at the present time. Cost is now $70 a year.
- Added Miller Rock project, May 20, and Walker Mountain review, June 10, to the calendar.
- Review of the COA4WDCI 1st Q meeting at the Forney Transportation Museum in Denver. Larry updated the club on the meeting. New eNews mailing monthly to keep clubs updated between the quarterly newsletters. Proposed new membership categories for non-standard clubs, like social online groups and Facebook groups, to allow COA4WDCI membership.
- Review of the Old Coots Snow Run. Rock Creek was attempted. Multi staged winching was required to get out. Bunce School Road was then attempted.
- Colorado Expo is looking for vehicles to show in their event. It will be at the National Western Complex in Denver. Dates are March 31 to April 1, with the setup on March 30. Contact Greg Beery if you are interested.
- There was a slide show about the Thanksgiving Moab Utah trip. Trips were Top of the World, Seven Mile Rim, Cliff Hanger, Hells Revenge, Dolores River loop, and Dome Plateau.
- Motion to close meeting by Wanda Comeau and second by Matt Schwall. Meeting adjourned.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is March 26th
The TRRTalk forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
Old List: Email TRRtalkfirstname.lastname@example.org from the email account where you wish to receive these emails. Please include your first and last name in the email so we can verify your membership status prior to approving your request to subscribe.
For questions on TRRTALK send an email to Gail Straty at WilyCoyot(at)aol.com or Brian Gilgren at bgilgren(at)yahoo.com with TRRTALK in the subject line
The following people are signed up to bring refreshments to the club meetings.
- Mar – Mike and Caroline Moore
- Apr – Matt and CarolAnne Schwall
- May – Chris Bounds
- Jun – Paula Kratzer
- Jul – Roger and Linda Briden
- Aug –
- Sep – Allen and Tammy Peterson
- Oct –
- Nov – Paulette and Larry McGimsey (salad)
- Dec - Marc and Jennifer Dominguez
4WD Roads that require an OHV Sticker
The following list of 4WD roads are considered full size vehicle trails by the managing agencies. These “trails” require an OHV sticker on your vehicle in order to be legal when you drive them.
21 Road – Grand Junction
Bang’s Canyon - Grand Junction
Billing’s Canyon – Grand Junction
Carnage Canyon – Buena Vista
Freedom – Canon City
Gunsight Pass – Crested Butte
Hancock Pass – Buena Vista
Independence – Canon City
Reno Divide (Italian Pass) – Crested Butte
Liberty – Canon City
Middle-Middle – Gypsum
Napoleon Pass – Tin Cup
Old Tin Cup Pass – Tin Cup
Patriot – Canon City
Sidewinder – Kremmling
Ten Falls – Gypsum
Tierod Bender - Gypsum
Tomichi Pass – Whitepine
Transfer Trail – Glenwood Springs
Union Canyon – Almont
Upper-Middle – Gypsum
There are more, 54 total.
|Recent Trip Articles
©Copyright - Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Inc. - 1985-2017