Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502
May 2018 Newsletter
Club forum, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday May 9th, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting,
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street. We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:00pm to 6:30pm - Social Time
|6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Welcome guests.
- Treasury amount and Fund amount.
- Vote in any new members.
- TRR Club Express update.
- Review of COA4WDCI 2nd Q meeting.
- New/Other business.
- TRR Trivia.
- Update calendar of events. Leaders to inform club on changes made to the online calendar.
- Planning for Henry Mountains trip.
- Planning for Memorial Day club picnic.
- Planning for the Rim Rock trip.
- Planning for the Miller Rock project.
- TRR Trivia results.
- Close meeting.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Voted in our new members, Allan Cobb, Mark and Amy Melany. No guests.
- Treasurers report was read. Fund report was read.
- Club Express update. To send emails to all TRR members who have signed up for forums email to email@example.com
- Pennant orders for All 4 Fun. Contact Greg or Wanda.
- TRR Trivia question was asked by Richard. (See article)
- TRR Trivia results. (See article)
- Planning for the COA4WDCI 2nd Q meeting.
- Review of the Ladies lunch at Old Chicago on March 31 at 11:00am.
- Review of the Miller Rock early trip.
- Planning for the Memorial Day picnic. At Larry and Paulette’s house (directions will be sent out), 10:00am, May 28. Pot Luck. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs, Lemonade will be supplied. Easy-ups are needed.
- Planning for the Henry Mountains trip.
- Motion to close meeting by Vic Walter and second by Roger Briden. Meeting adjourned.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is May 26th
TRRTALK / TRR Forums
The TRR Forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members.
Old List: Email TRRtalkemail@example.com from the email account where you wish to receive these emails. Please include your first and last name in the email so we can verify your membership status prior to approving your request to subscribe.
For questions on TRRTALK send an email to Gail Straty at WilyCoyot(at)aol.com or Brian Gilgren at bgilgren(at)yahoo.com with TRRTALK in the subject line
The following people are signed up to bring refreshments to the club meetings.
- May – Mike & Caroline Moore
- Jun – James Henneke
- Jul –
- Aug - Matt & Carol Anne Schwall
- Sep – Allen & Tammy Peterson
- Oct – Linda & Roger Briden
- Nov –
- Dec - Vic Walter & Debbie Trever
TRR Trivia – May 2018
Last month’s trivia question was presented by Richard H, who was tied in second place with 5 points.
Question (One Word Answers):
1. What primary color was the CJ7 that Mindy drove in the TV series “Mork and Mindy” set in Boulder?
2. What primary color was the CJ7 that Daisy Duke drove in the TV series “Dukes of Hazzard”?
3. What primary color was the J10 pickup that was driven by the storm chasers in the movie “Twister”?
4. What primary color is the Boulder Ranger district’s JK Rubicon?
5. What primary color is the Jeep in the TRR logo patch?
6. What primary color was the Jeep in this year’s Super Bowl TV commercial, titled “Anti-Manifesto” that featured a jeep crossing a stream, then climbing up a cascading waterfall?
Tie Breaker: What two-letter jeep model was it?
Tie Breaker: JL
This question was worth 7 points, including the tie breaker. Congratulations to Allen P and Paula K for earning 4 points each on this question. Several others earned 3 points each: Gordy H, Greg B, James H, Laddie H, Larry M, Linda T, Mike M, Steve, and Mike C.
Points are being racked up in 2018 with a couple of multiple-point questions. Vic W, Gordy H, and Paula K are tied for first place with 8 points each; James H and Mike M each have 6; Gary B and Richard H each have 5; and several have 4 or less.
This month’s trivia will be brought to you by Paula K, who is tied in first place with 8 points. Paula is giving new meaning to the license plate frame statement, “Silly Boys, Jeeps are for Girls” now that she’s tied for first-place!
2018 Fee Free Days on Public Lands
June 9 - National Get Outdoors Day - U.S. Forest Service
September 22 - National Public Lands Day – National Park Service/U.S. Forest Service
November 11 - Veterans Day - National Park Service, U.S. Forest Service (11th and 12th)
|Recent Trip Articles