Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502
June 2018 Newsletter
Club forum, email to email@example.com, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday June 13th, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting,
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street. We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:00pm to 6:30pm - Social Time
|6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Welcome guests.
- Treasury amount and Fund amount.
- Vote in any new members.
- TRR Club Express update.
- New/Other business.
- TRR Trivia.
- Update calendar of events. Leaders to inform club on changes made to the online calendar.
- Planning for the Drummond Island trip.
- Planning for the Middle St. Vrain project.
- Planning for the COA4WDCI 3rd Q meeting.
- Planning for the Mosquito Pass trip.
- Review of the Henry Mountains trip.
- Review of the Memorial Day club picnic.
- Review of the Rim Rock trip.
- Review of the Miller Rock project.
- TRR Trivia results.
- Close meeting.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Guests were Erin and Amber. Also, Quinten, Misty, Melody and Harmony.
- Treasurers report was read. Fund report was read.
- Club Express update. To send emails to all TRR members who have signed up for forums email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pennant orders for All 4 Fun. Contact Greg or Wanda.
- Review of the COA4WDCI 2nd Q meeting. 2018 Raffle Vehicle is a 1998 Cherokee. It is being shown. Tickets are being sent.
- Motion by Kathy Howell to purchase a CB and Antenna for the COA4WDCI raffle vehicle. Amount not to exceed $150. Second by Matt Schwall. Motion passed. Matt will get with the CB shop in Loveland.
- For our Edward Jones investment account, Paula Kratzer will be the trusted contact.
- Motion by Mike Cohan to make Don Lamprecht the backup person for the Edward Jones account. Second by Christy Howe. Motion passed.
- Motion by Roger Briden, second by Vic Walter, to join the CRT/RTP council to support the Recreation Trails Program. Motion passed.
- TRR Trivia question was asked by Paula. (See article)
- TRR Trivia results. (See article)
- Planning for Buena Vista trip in August. Base at the KOA.
- Planning for the Henry Mountains trip in Utah.
- Planning for the Memorial Day picnic. At Larry and Paulette’s house (directions will be sent out), 10:00am, May 28. Pot Luck. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs, Lemonade will be supplied. Easy-ups are needed.
- Planning for the Rim Rocker Trail trip. Will start in Moab, Utah.
- Planning for the Miller Rock project to work on the south side obstacle. Meet at the Raymond store at 9am.
- Review of the Yankee Hill trip.
- Motion to close meeting by Wanda Comeau, second by Vic Walter.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is June 26th
TRRTALK / TRR Forums
The TRR Forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
You can also send an email to email@example.com, which will go to all TRR members.
Old List: Email TRRtalkfirstname.lastname@example.org from the email account where you wish to receive these emails. Please include your first and last name in the email so we can verify your membership status prior to approving your request to subscribe.
For questions on TRRTALK send an email to Gail Straty at WilyCoyot(at)aol.com or Brian Gilgren at bgilgren(at)yahoo.com with TRRTALK in the subject line
The following people are signed up to bring refreshments to the club meetings.
- Jun – James Henneke
- Jul –
- Aug - Matt & Carol Anne Schwall
- Sep – Allen & Tammy Peterson
- Oct – Linda & Roger Briden
- Nov –
- Dec - Vic Walter & Debbie Trever
TRR Trivia – June 2018
Last month’s trivia question was presented by Paula K, who was tied in first place with 8 points.
1. What does “CJ” stand for?
2. What was the Jeep amphibious version called?
1. Civilian Jeep
2. GPA, where G=government, P=80” wheelbase, and A=amphibious; also nicknamed SEEP (for Sea Jeep)
Congratulations to Gordy H and Gary B for earning the two possible points on this question. Several others earned one point for knowing what CJ means, but the second question was a stumper for most. The most popular guesses involved the word “duck”.
The points total for 2018 now stands at Gordy H with 10, Vic W with 9, Mike M and Paula K with 8 each, Gary B with 7, several with 6 or less.
This month’s trivia will be brought to you by Gary B.
2018 Fee Free Days on Public Lands
September 22 - National Public Lands Day – National Park Service/U.S. Forest Service
November 11 - Veterans Day - National Park Service, U.S. Forest Service (11th and 12th)
|Recent Trip Articles