Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502
November 2018 Newsletter
Club forum, email to email@example.com, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday November 14th, 6:00pm to 9:00pm - Meeting,
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street. We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:00pm to 6:30pm - Social Time/Taco Bar
|6:30pm to 9:00pm - Planning Meeting
- Welcome guests.
- Treasury amount and Fund amount.
- Vote in any new members.
- TRR Club Express update.
- Nomination of club officers.
- Discuss dues and other organization membership.
- New/Other business.
- TRR Trivia.
- Update calendar of events. Leaders to inform club on changes made to the online calendar.
- Planning for seasonal closure of Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats, November 25.
- Planning for the Moab, Utah Thanksgiving trip.
- Planning for the TRR Christmas Party.
- Review of the COA4WDCI 4th Q meeting in Denver.
- Review of the West Magnolia trip.
- 2019 trip planning.
- TRR Trivia results.
- Close meeting.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Welcome to our newest member Mark Grayson.
- Guests were Rus and Laurie, Rus and Jeannine, and Eric.
- Treasurers report was read. Fund report was read.
- A get well card was passed around for Karen Lamprecht.
- Club Express update. To send emails to all TRR members who have signed up for forums email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calendar orders must be in by the November club meeting. Cost is $15 each and must be paid at the time of the order. If you can’t make the meetings see Greg at his shop.
- Planning meeting meal will be provided by the Moose Lodge. The taco bar will have a choice of chicken or beef and hard shell or soft shell tacos with all the toppings. Drinks will also be provided. Cost is $7.00/person for the meal. Debbie will need to know how many will be attending and participating in the taco bar by November 2nd. Money will be collected at the November meeting. Please send your request to email@example.com.
- Ray talked to Mary at United Hospital and LFEAT is still in place in case we have heavy snows this winter.
- Mile Hi Jeep Clubs All-4-Fun event will be in Buena Vista in 2019.
- Discussed continued membership in the COA4WDCI. Members of the club will be attending the COA4WDCI 4th Q meeting in Denver.
- The T-33 crash site information sign was knocked down and will be put back up by Andy Hitch of Backbone ATV rentals.
- Planning for Moab, Utah Thanksgiving trip Nov 15-21. Register on our club calendar online. Will leave on the 15th from I-70, Exit 234 at 9:30am.
- Planning for the COA4WDCI 4th Q meeting in Denver on Oct 20.
- Review of the Buena Vista trip.
- Review of the Storm Mountain trip.
- Review of the Tebo Car Museum trip.
- Review of the Argentine Pass trip.
- Review of the Red Cone and Radical Hill trip.
- TRR Trivia question was asked by Vic W. (See article)
- Motion to close meeting by Wanda Comeau, second by Vic Walter.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is November 26th
TRRTALK / TRR Forums
The TRR Forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members.
Old List: Email TRRtalkemail@example.com from the email account where you wish to receive these emails. Please include your first and last name in the email so we can verify your membership status prior to approving your request to subscribe.
For questions on TRRTALK send an email to Gail Straty at WilyCoyot(at)aol.com or Brian Gilgren at bgilgren(at)yahoo.com with TRRTALK in the subject line
The following people are signed up to bring refreshments to the club meetings.
- Nov –
- Dec - Vic Walter & Debbie Trever
- Jan – Wanda and Ray Comeau
- Feb – Matt and Carol Anne
- Mar – John and Elaine
- Apr – Mike Cohan
- May – James Henneke
- Jun – Mike Moore
- Jul –
- Aug –
- Sep – Alan and Tammy Peterson
- Oct –
- Nov – Paula Kratzer
- Dec –
Club Officers – Nominations
Voting for new Club officers will be done at the December meeting. Nominations will be taken at the November meeting. Nominations so far are:
Pres – Gordon Howe
Vic – Richard Harmon
Treas – Matt Schwall
Sec – Adam Mehlberg
Kingston Peak and Brainard Lake are now seasonally closed. Caribou will be run on November 24th and closed afterwards. The Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats will be run on November 25th and will be closed afterwards.
Note: After Labor Day in 2019, the Boulder Ranger District will be replacing the Peaceful Valley bridge just before the campground. The Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats 4WD roads will be closed at this time also. The project should be completed by the spring of 2020.
TRR Trivia – November 2018
Last month’s trivia question was presented by Vic W, who is still tied for first place with Gordy H for the year.
Question: Which year did an automatic transmission first appear in the Jeep CJ / Wrangler product line?
Answer: 1976 with the CJ7 seems to be the most correct answer.
Congratulations to Mike M, Adam M, Greg B, and Laddie H for having the correct answer. The points total for 2018 now stands at Gordy H and Vic W tied at 10, Paula K and Mike M tied with 9 each, Gary B with 8, and several with 7 or less. This month’s trivia question will be brought to you by Adam M.
Update on TRR Wall Calendar
This year, for the 2019 wall calendar, the deadline for photo submission is October 31. If you have photos to submit, please contact one of us to make arrangements before that date. We will not be at the October club meeting, so we will need them either mailed, emailed (if you only have a few), or we can meet you somewhere to collect a thumb drive or a CD. Additionally, Greg has offered to collect any photos for us if you prefer to drop them off at his shop. The 2019 calendar will only include photos from 2018 that we receive by that date. At this point, we have plenty of photos, but it would be nice to include the Buena Vista trip which as of this writing has not yet happened.
Additionally, we need to reset the individual birthday photos, as some are getting out of date and some people are no longer members. If you have not yet confirmed to us that you want your birthday included, please email Christy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your birthday (month and day) and whether you would like a new photo included. If you have your own photo that you like, please get it to us by the same deadline of October 31. If you don’t want your birthday noted, you don’t need to do anything.
Lastly, we have decided that the 2019 wall calendar will be the last one that we will do. If anyone wishes to take this project over starting next year, please let us know, especially if you would like to work with us this year to see how we do it.
Gordy and Christy Howe
Request for November Planning Meeting
To facilitate a more complete calendar of activities for 2019, all members are requested to bring at least one trail suggestion to the November meeting. If you cannot attend the meeting, email your trail suggestion to one the board members. You do not have to be the trail leader for your trip suggestion. We will collect all suggested trails at the planning meeting and work on the scheduling them incrementally throughout the year.
2018 Fee Free Days on Public Lands
November 11 - Veterans Day - National Park Service, U.S. Forest Service (11th and 12th)
|Recent Trip Articles