Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502
February 2019 Newsletter
Club forum, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday February 13th, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting,
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street. We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 7:00pm - Social Time
|7:01pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Welcome guests.
- Treasury amount and Fund amount.
- 2019 proposed budget.
- Vote in any new members.
- TRR Club Express update.
- Club promotional committee update.
- LFEAT discussion.
- New/Other business.
- TRR Trivia.
- Update calendar of events. Leaders to inform club on changes made to the online calendar.
- Planning for the Switzerland Trail trip.
- Planning for the Cherokee Park trip.
- Planning for Seven Mile.
- Review of the Snow Run.
- Review of the COA4WDCI 1st Q meeting.
- Review of the Unser Go Cart event.
- Review of the Parachute Hill trip.
- TRR Trivia results.
- Close meeting.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Welcome to our new members Chuck and Desiree Townsend.
- Treasurers report was read. Fund report was read.
- Club Express update. To send emails to all TRR members who have signed up for forums email to email@example.com
- Club wall calendars were passed out to those that ordered them.
- Motion by Mike Cohan, second by Mike Moore, to pay the $22 extra, from the store fund, due to miscalculation of taxes on calendars to Gordon Howe for the club wall calendars. Motion passed.
- Discussion on creation of a promotional committee that will oversee all materials that present the club and club image. This includes flyers, cards, web site, and other items. Oversight will insure the correct use of our club logo, including image quality, as well as text content, punctuation, and spelling.
- TRR Trivia was done by Christy H. (See article).
- Planning for the Snow Run to Rollins Pass Jan 12.
- Planning for the COA4WDCI 1st Q meeting in Denver Jan 19th.
- Planning for the Unser Racing event Jan 20.
- Planning for the Parachute Hill trip Jan 26.
- Planning for the Switzerland Trail trip Feb 23.
- Planning for the Cherokee Park trip Mar 9. Meet at Ted’s Place on Hwy287.
- Planning for Seven Mile trip Mar 30.
- Planning for the Florence, Arizona trip Feb 6.
- Initial planning for the TRR Gunnison trip Jul 27 - Aug 3.
- TRR Trivia answers read.
- Motion to close meeting by Wanda Comeau, second by Vic Walter, third by Laddie Hanus.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is February 26th
TRRTALK / TRR Forums
The TRR Forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members.
Old List: Email TRRtalkemail@example.com from the email account where you wish to receive these emails. Please include your first and last name in the email so we can verify your membership status prior to approving your request to subscribe.
For questions on TRRTALK send an email to Gail Straty at WilyCoyot(at)aol.com or Brian Gilgren at bgilgren(at)yahoo.com with TRRTALK in the subject line
The following people are signed up to bring refreshments to the club meetings.
- Feb – Matt and Carol Anne
- Mar – John and Elaine
- Apr –
- May – James Henneke
- Jun – Mike Moore
- Jul – Mike Cohan
- Aug –
- Sep – Alan and Tammy Peterson
- Oct – Larry and Paulette McGimsey
- Nov – Paula Kratzer
- Dec – Gary Bogott
TRR Trivia – February 2019
By Christy Howe
Last month’s trivia question was presented by the author, who forgot to ask for a volunteer to pose the first question of the year, so she took it on herself.
Question: Which part has been universal to all Jeeps until the JL model was released?
Answer: Lug nuts. All Jeeps were 1/2x20 until the JL, which is M14X1.50 (metric).
The author was mistakenly thinking that this question would prove easy and would start several people off with a point for 2019. When no one turned in a correct answer, a hint was given, resulting in a correct answer and one point each for Vic W, David G, Mike M, John G, Elaine G, Allen P, Paula K, Gordon H, and Gary B.
In the initial round, the answers that most amused the author were “Jeep” stamped into the sheet metal (does this qualify as a “part”?) and unheated steering wheel.
This month’s trivia question will be brought to you by Erin B.
|Recent Trip Articles