Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502
March 2019 Newsletter
Club forum, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday March 13th, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting,
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street. We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 7:00pm - Social Time
|7:01pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Welcome guests.
- Treasury amount and Fund amount.
- Vote in any new members.
- TRR Club Express update.
- Club promotional committee update.
- LFEAT update.
- New/Other business.
- TRR Trivia.
- Update calendar of events. Leaders to inform club on changes made to the online calendar.
- Planning for the Seven Mile trip.
- Planning for the Sedona Arizona trip.
- Planning for the Hole In The Rock trip.
- Review of the Florence Arizona trip.
- Review of the Switzerland Trail trip.
- Review of the Cherokee Park trip.
- TRR Trivia results.
- Close meeting.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Welcome to our guest Donny.
- Welcome to our new members Russel Nagel and Lori Hasson.
- Treasurers report was read. Fund report was read.
- Matt went over the 2019 budget. Motion by Greg Beery to accept the 2019 budget. Second by Brian Gilgren. Motion passed.
- Club Express update. To send emails to all TRR members who have signed up for forums email send to email@example.com
- Discussion on donating to the Moose Lodge. Motion by Greg Beery to donate $100, second by Vic Walter. Motion passed. Money to come from Kilgour Fund if needed. Our club will also participate in Moose Lodge volunteer events this year.
- Discussion on continuation of LFEAT. Ray and others are looking into new contacts with Longmont United Hospital and other Longmont agencies.
- Status of promotional committee work so far. Work being done on updating the web site. Looking at ways to promote our club and attract younger members. Second meeting planned.
- TRR Trivia was done by Greg B. (See article).
- Planning for the Switzerland Trail trip Feb 23.
- Planning for the Cherokee Park trip Mar 9. Meet at north Longmont Wal-Mart at 7:45am. Meet at Ted’s Place on Hwy287 at 9:00am.
- Planning for Seven Mile trip Mar 30.
- Planning for the Florence, Arizona trip Feb 6.
- Initial planning for the TRR Gunnison trip Jul 27 - Aug 3.
- Review of the COA4WDCI 1st Q meeting in Denver. Meeting was held at the Forney Transportation Museum. Holy Cross to be closed for one day this summer to blast a large boulder at French Creek. Clean up of Carnage Canyon near Buena Vista, and work to make the 4WD road harder. A mid-point exit will also be made to connect with Chinaman. Update from COHVCO. Raffle Vehicle from last year sold over 5,000 vehicles. Looking for a club to build the next Raffle Vehicle. We can have two people with access to the COA4WDCI calendar to add our events. Trailridge Runners 4WD Club had 519 hours of volunteer and adopt-a-road work in 2018.
- Review of the Parachute Hill and Bunce School trip. Drove part way up Ironclads. Spent time running south on Bunce School road.
- Review if the Unser Go-Cart event. Had six people race. Vic Walter had the quickest time.
- Review of the Rollins Pass snow run. Ran up Mammoth Gulch, didn’t get far. Headed over to Rollins Pass. They went to Pickle Gulch.
- TRR Trivia answers read.
- Motion to close meeting by Greg Beery, second by Laddie Hanus.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is March 26th
TRRTALK / TRR Forums
The TRR Forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members.
The following people are signed up to bring refreshments to the club meetings.
- Mar – John and Elaine
- Apr –
- May – James Henneke
- Jun – Mike Moore
- Jul – Mike Cohan
- Aug –
- Sep – Alan and Tammy Peterson
- Oct – Larry and Paulette McGimsey
- Nov – Paula Kratzer
- Dec – Gary Bogott
The Peterson’s would like to let the club know they are back in a house and out of the hotel, after their house explosion over a year ago.
TRR Trivia – March 2019
By Christy Howe
Last month’s trivia question was presented by Greg B, who spontaneously stepped in and came up with a question when the scheduled poser was unexpectedly absent.
1. How many people in the club have flat fender Jeeps?
2. Name each person who owns one (one point for each correct answer)
2. Gordon H, Greg B, Allen P
Sorry Greg and Allen, I don’t have photos of your flat fenders!
This question, which ended up with a total of 4 possible points to be scored, proved popular with several old-timers in the club, but not so much so with some of the newbies. Congratulations to Allen P, the only person who knew the complete answer and scored all 4 points. (Greg, of course, knew the answer but had to recuse himself since he asked the question.) 3 points each were earned by Matt S, Christy H, Brian G, and Ray C. 2 points were earned by Chuck T, Paula K, James H, Vic W, Laddie H, John G, Adam M, and Gordy H. Elaine G and Andy H earned one point each with guesses of 3 people, but either no names or incorrect names.
Perhaps the most amusing answer was 5 Jeeps with the names of Santa, the Easter Bunny, John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt, a unicorn, and a jackalope. Also of note was the guess of Larry, Moe, and Curly.
This month’s trivia question will be brought to you by Erin B.
|Recent Trip Articles