Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502
June 2019 Newsletter
Club forum, email to email@example.com, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday June 12th, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting,
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street. We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 7:00pm - Social Time
|7:01pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Welcome guests.
- Treasury amount and Fund amount.
- Vote in any new members.
- TRR Club Express update.
- Club promotional committee update.
- New/Other business.
- TRR Trivia.
- Update calendar of events. Leaders to inform club on changes made to the online calendar.
- Planning for the Pole Hill and Johnny Park.
- Planning for the Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats seasonal opening and campout. Plan Saturday dinner at Howe’s.
- Planning for the Peru Creek and Santa Fe Peak (need a trip leader).
- Planning for Cascade Creek and Barbour Forks.
- Planning for Loch Lomond, Chinn Lake, Yankee Hill.
- Planning for Red Feathers Lake campout.
- Review of the Cherokee Park trip.
- Review of the Memorial Day Picnic.
- Review of Magical History trip.
- TRR Trivia results.
- Close meeting.
- Florence, Arizona trip slide show.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Welcome to our guest, none present.
- Treasurers report was read. Fund report was read.
- Club Express update. To send emails to all TRR members who have signed up for forums email send to firstname.lastname@example.org We are using the web site calendar to plan all of our trips. Check the calendar to find out about any additional trips, or updates to existing trips or events on the club calendar.
- Moose Lodge check for $100 given to Vic to deliver to the lodge.
- LFEAT update on past snow storm.
- Status of promotional committee work. Mike C is working on proposal to create an Instagram for TRR. Collecting information on paying dues online through Club Express. Consideration of paying for other .com, .org, and .net domain names for the club.
- TRR Trivia was done by Greg B. (See article).
- Planning for Cherokee Park trip. Meet at Walmart in Longmont at 7:30am. Main trip meeting place is Ted’s Place at the entrance to Poudre Canyon in LaPort at 9:00am.
- Planning for the club Memorial Day Picnic at Gary’s house.
- Planning Magical History tour.
- Planning for Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats seasonal opening June 22-23. Will be a campout and dinner at Howe’s for those that do not want to camp.
- Review of the Sedona, Arizona trip. Five vehicles made the trip.
- Review of the Hole in the Rock trip in Utah.
- TRR Trivia answers read.
- Motion to close meeting by Vic Walter, second by Debbie Trever.
- Mike C did slide show on Hole in the Rock trip.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is June 26th
TRRTALK / TRR Forums
The TRR Forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
You can also send an email to email@example.com, which will go to all TRR members.
The following people are signed up to bring refreshments to the club meetings.
- Jun – Mike Moore
- Jul – Mike Cohan
- Aug –
- Sep – Alan and Tammy Peterson
- Oct – Larry and Paulette McGimsey
- Nov – Paula Kratzer
- Dec – Gary Bogott
TRR Trivia – June 2019
By Christy Howe
Last month’s trivia question was presented by Greg B.
Question (reworded with help from Club President):
Early Jeeps had drive flanges on the front axle until selectable lockout hubs were invented. For many years the hubs were attached with 6 bolts. What year did they change to 5 bolts?
Just in case anyone still doesn’t get it, here you go: 6-bolt hubs shown above first, 5-bolt hub shown second.
Although there were many groans from the audience when this question was presented (implying it was too hard), three people actually came up with the correct answer. Congratulations to John H, Kevin B, and Paula K for earning one point each.
After a two-month hiatus with the March meeting being cancelled and no one knowing the answer to the April question, we now have Allen P in the lead with 5 points; Elaine G and Paula K with 4 points each; and Brian G, Christy H, John G, Matt S, Ray C, and Vic W with 3 points each. Several people are holding two and one point scores.
This month’s trivia question will be brought to you by Ray C.
|Recent Trip Articles