Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502
July 2019 Newsletter
Club forum, email to email@example.com, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday July 10th, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting,
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street. We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 7:00pm - Social Time
|7:01pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Welcome guests.
- Treasury amount and Fund amount.
- Vote in any new members.
- TRR Club Express update.
- Club promotional committee update.
- New/Other business.
- TRR Trivia.
- Update calendar of events. Leaders to inform club on changes made to the online calendar.
- Planning for the 35th Anniversary in 2020.
- Planning for the Peru Creek and Santa Fe Peak (need a trip leader).
- Planning for Loch Lomond, Chinn Lake, Yankee Hill.
- Planning for Red Feathers Lake camp out.
- Planning for the Gunnison event.
- Planning for Holy Cross.
- Planning for Wheeler Lake.
- Review of the Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats.
- Review of Pole Hill.
- Review of July 4th cookout.
- Review of Cascade Creek and Barbour Fork.
- Review of Middle St. Vrain 2nd attempt.
- TRR Trivia results.
- Close meeting.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Welcome to our guest, Phillip, Mindy and Steve.
- Treasurers report was read. Fund report was read.
- Club Express update. To send emails to all TRR members who have signed up for forums email send to firstname.lastname@example.org We are using the web site calendar to plan all of our trips. Check the calendar to find out about any additional trips, or updates to existing trips or events on the club calendar.
- Status of promotional committee work. Mike C is working on proposal to create an Instagram for TRR. Collecting information on paying dues online through Club Express. Consideration of paying for other .com, .org, and .net domain names for the club.
- TRR Trivia was done by Ray C. (See article).
- Planning for Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats seasonal opening June 22-23. Will be a campout and dinner at Howe’s for those that do not want to camp.
- Review of the club Memorial Day Picnic at Gary’s house. Had just under 50 people, good weather, nice location.
- Review of Cherokee Park trip.
- Review of the Magical History tour. Had about 17 vehicles, good weather, learned a lot about local history. We also did a nice little hill climb.
- Review of the Sedona, Arizona trip. Five vehicles made the trip.
- TRR Trivia answers read.
- Motion to close meeting by Wanda Comeau, second by Vic Walter.
- Don L did slide show on Sedona Arizona.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is June 26th
TRRTALK / TRR Forums
The TRR Forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
You can also send an email to email@example.com, which will go to all TRR members.
The following people are signed up to bring refreshments to the club meetings.
- Jul – Mike Cohan
- Aug –
- Sep – Alan and Tammy Peterson
- Oct – Larry and Paulette McGimsey
- Nov – Paula Kratzer
- Dec – Gary Bogott
Summary of the progress, so far, of the Promotional Committee. Thanks to those that have been working on all of these things to bring new and younger members to our club.
The web site look has been changed.
A “welcome” email alias with multiple club members has been added to our “contact us” page.
The mobile versions of some of our web pages have been created.
The Facebook settings were changed, membership questions were updated, also the url string was changed so we can be searched.
More updates to Facebook after club events, including photos of the events.
Researched multiple url extensions to add, like .org, as well as urls with our full name, like TrailridgeRunners4WD.com.
Worked on an updated business card and flyer.
Investigated and worked on a TRR Instagram page.
Proposed ads in local print media and doing local community volunteer work.
Have handed out flyers and communicated with people that have 4WD vehicles.
TRR Trivia – July 2019
By Christy Howe
Last month’s trivia question was presented by Ray C.
This was a 7-part question, so there were lots of point possibilities.
Ray posed the question: Which vehicle nickname or license plate belongs to which person/vehicle in the club?
2. DIRT DEVIL
7. FARM IMPLEMENT
1. Adam M
2. Gail S
3. Mike and Caroline M
4. Don and Karen L
5. Vic W and Debbie T
6. Larry and Paulette M
7. Bill B (deceased)
With several possibilities for correct answers, almost everyone who turned in a paper scored at least one point.
Point totals from the seven trivia questions came to:
5 points – Adam M, Vic W, Debbie T, Larry M, Paula K
4 points – Richard H, Christy H
3 points – Gordy H, Greg B, Mike M, Roger B
2 points – Matt S, Mike C, Linda G, Gary B
1 point – Erin B, Carolanne S, Lynn C
Congratulations to Paula K, who takes the lead for 2019 with 9 points. Paula is followed by Vic W with 8, and Adam M and Christy H are tied for third place with 7 points each. There are many more people with points, so if you want to know your current total at any time, just ask the author.
This month’s trivia question will be brought to you by Mike C.
|Recent Trip Articles