Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502
August 2019 Newsletter
Club forum, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday August 14th, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting,
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street. We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 7:00pm - Social Time
|7:01pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Welcome guests.
- Treasury amount and Fund amount.
- Vote in any new members.
- TRR Club Express update.
- Club promotional committee update.
- New/Other business.
- TRR Trivia.
- Update calendar of events. Leaders to inform club on changes made to the online calendar.
- Planning for the 35th Anniversary in 2020.
- Planning for the Peru Creek and Santa Fe Peak (need a trip leader).
- Planning for Loch Lomond, Chinns Lake, Yankee Hill.
- Planning for Red Cone and Radical Hill.
- Planning for Rollins Pass west.
- Planning for Peru Creek and Santa Fe Peak.
- Planning for Pass Hoppers.
- Planning for Red Elephant and Bill More Lake.
- Review of Moon Gulch, Pickle Gulch trip.
- Review of Red Feather trip.
- Review of Gunnison NA4F event.
- Review of Holy Cross City trip.
- Review of Wheeler Lake trip.
- TRR Trivia results.
- Close meeting.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Welcome to our guest, Steve and Anne Hulet, Tom, Wally (past member).
- Welcome to our newest member Michael Leon.
- Treasurers report was read. Fund report was read.
- Club Express update. To send emails to all TRR members who have signed up for forums email send to email@example.com We are using the web site calendar to plan all of our trips. Check the calendar to find out about any additional trips, or updates to existing trips or events on the club calendar.
- Motion by Mike C, seconded by Greg B, to make the Photo Albums public. Motion passed. Mike C has been creating photo albums for a lot of the club trips this year.
- Status of promotional committee work. Three people will continue on this committee. Chuck T to set up a meeting.
- Discussion on Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats map and brochure grant. This was shifted to do Miller Rock signs. The Forest Service has not come back with quotes for what would be needed. If the Miller Rock signing is still delayed, we will move forward with the grant for the Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats map and guide with COA4WDCI. Money would not be available until next year.
- TRR Trivia was done by Mike C. (See article).
- Planning for Peru Creek and Santa Fe Peak, moved to August 31.
- Planning for Loch Lomond, Chinns Lake, and Yankee Hill, moved to September 14.
- Planning for Moon Gulch, Dakota Hill, and Pickle Gulch, July 13.
- Planning for Red Feather Lakes, will be a one day trip on July 20.
- Planning for Gunnison trip, Jul 27 to Aug 3.
- Planning for Holy Cross City, Aug 1. This will be on a Thursday to avoid the weekend crowds.
- Planning for Wheeler Lake Aug 10. Will include camping and fishing.
- Planning for the TRR 35th anniversary event. A survey was created and posted on our web site.
- Review of the first Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats project. Worked on the previous corduroy project, built some buck and rail, ran the Middle St. Vrain to the Wilderness boundary. Build buck and rail fence at the Coney Flats entrance as well as fixing the kiosk.
- Review of the Pole Hill trip. Nine vehicles went. Also ran Johnny Park 4WD road.
- Review of the July 4th cookout at Chis B’s house. Watched fire work displays and lightning in the distance.
- Review of Cascade Creek and Barbour Fork trip. Had 18 vehicles. Great views of Georgetown from the end of Cascade Creek. Barbour Fork had lots of wildflowers.
- Review of the second Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats project. Snow had melted out. Worked on the Rock Garden to contain the route, blocked bypasses. The gates are now open on these roads.
- TRR Trivia answers read.
- Motion to close meeting by Greg B, second by Wanda C.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is August 26th
TRRTALK / TRR Forums
The TRR Forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members.
The following people are signed up to bring refreshments to the club meetings.
- Aug – Don and Karen Lamprecht
- Sep – Alan and Tammy Peterson
- Oct – Larry and Paulette McGimsey
- Nov – Paula Kratzer
- Dec – Gary Bogott
TRR Trivia – August 2019
By Christy Howe
Last month’s trivia question was presented by Mike C.
1. What was the Jeep RV called?
2. When did it come onto the market?
1. The Jeep CJ5 Camper
2. 1968 or 1969 are acceptable answers
This was another stumper for the group. Plenty of people were brave and ventured guesses, while other answers came in such as “You got me” and “You got me again”, “No idea”, and “Yeah, right!”. However, Russ actually knew the answer to the second part and scored one point with his correct answer of 1969.
Since this resulted in essentially no change to the points total, Paula K still holds the lead for 2019 with 9 points. Paula is followed by Vic W with 8, and Adam M and Christy H are tied for third place with 7 points each, and several people have 6 or less. And of course, Russ now is sitting pretty with 1 point!
This month’s trivia question will be brought to you by Adam M.
|Recent Trip Articles