help_outline Skip to main content
Add Me To Your Mailing List
Shopping Cart
cancel
Please Note:  Club trips are designed for licensed vehicles and often enter and exit at different locations. Trailered unlicensed off road vehicles could therefore violate motor vehicle laws when returning to the start. Be sure to consider this if you intend to drive an unlicensed off road vehicle.

News / Articles

2021 July newsletter

Adam Mehlberg  | Published on 7/5/2021
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Newsletter
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
P.O. Box 1716 * Longmont, CO 80502

  July 2021 Newsletter

Club forum, email to forum@trr4wd.com, which will go to all TRR members
Club Business
Club Meeting
Wednesday July 14th, 6:30pm to 9:00pm - Meeting, Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. Open to all members and guests.

The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street. We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.


Next Meeting:
6:30pm to 6:59pm – Board Meeting
  • Work on next items on boards list.
6:30pm to 6:59pm – Social Time
7:00pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
  • Introduce guests.
  • New sign up list for refreshments.
  • Treasurers report.
  • COHVCO dues update.
  • Club Express update.
  • Moose Lodge Moose Fest and car show.
  • Geo-Cache for departed members.
  • Rollins Pass and Boulder Wagon Road.
  • New/Other business.
  • Weekend Warrior trips update.
  • Review of the Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats seasonal opening.
  • Review of the East Rollins Pass trip.
  • Review of the West Idaho Springs trip.
  • Open discussion.
  • Close meeting.
Past Meeting Minutes
  • Guest was Gretchen Goodman.
  • Treasurers report was read by Matt S.
  • TRR has paid COHVCO dues for this year. Matt is working with COHVCO on this.
  • TRR business cards are available at Greg’s shop.
  • To send emails to all TRR members who have signed up for forums email send to forum@trr4wd.com
  • Gordon showed the replacement plaque for the Middle St. Vrain trail head.
  • The Moose Lodge is doing its Moose Fest and Car Show this year. It will be August 7th from 2pm to 7pm. Open to the public. Tickets are $20 advance, $25 same day, to participate in the car show. There will be 6 trophies up for grabs. It is free to attend the event.
  • Vic W proposed making a geo-cache in memory of TRR members that have passed away. Need to work with someone in the club that is familiar with creating geo-caches. Gordon has done some research on placing a geo-cache on Forest Service lands and is waiting for a reply from Boulder Ranger District. Jim C proposed it be placed at Coney Flats.
  • Had a discussion on GMRS radios for communication instead of CB radios. Some members are already using them. Club direction will be to switch to GMRS over time, with the interim having both CB and GMRS. Possible GMRS raffle item for club, to promote GMRS.
  • James H is coordinating the weekend warrior trips. New trips are being added to the calendar.
  • Nothing new on Lefthand.
  • A letter from Colorado Offroad Trail Defenders, Mile Hi Jeep Club, and Rollins Pass Restoration Association was sent to the Boulder Ranger district with a proposal to get the Rollins Pass Road open across the top.
  • Mike M is looking for a volunteer to take over the pre meeting dinner planning.
  • The Weekend Warrior planning meeting went well with lots of trips being proposed. Check the club calendar for updates.
  • Planning for the Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats seasonal opening review. June 19th at 9am at the Middle St. Vrain trail head. We will do light drainage work and may have to remove downed trees.
  • Review of the Miller Rock trip. Some are going around the north obstacle and damaging the log that is holding the road in place. We have made a proposal to the Forest Service to put in gabion rock cages to fix the issue of the road support and the bypass. The south obstacle that we repaired is doing well. We still need to sign the roads on the south side.
  • Motion to close meeting by Greg B, second by Wanda C.
Club News

TRRTALK / TRR Forums

The TRR Forum is on our Club Express page. Go to TRR Main page and login. Click your member section in the upper right and then click on your profile. Select the Froum link at the bottom to set your preferences and forums you want to join.
You can also send an email to forum@trr4wd.com, which will go to all TRR members.

July Meeting at the Moose Lodge

After having the June meeting at the outdoor pavilion at the Moose Lodge, we will continue with this format for future meetings. The pavilion is open air and we can space people 6 feet apart. Please respect everyone’s concern for Covid. Here’s a link to Boulder County’s Covid level and protocols. https://www.bouldercounty.org/families/disease/covid-19/state-dial-framework/#changes-level-blue

Recent Trip Articles

  Look for pictures on the website photo album.

  
  
   Bestop

©Copyright - Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Inc. - 1985-2021