Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Newsletter
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
Longmont, CO 80502
February 2023 Newsletter
Club forum, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday February 8th, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501.
Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street.
We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 6:59pm - Board Meeting
- Continue leader mentoring discussion
- Colorado 4WD Association
- New Member Acclimation
- Review Extended trips on Calendar
- Update on action items
|7:00pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Introduce guests.
- Welcome new members.
- Board meeting update.
- Treasurers report.
- Club Express update.
- Leader mentoring process.
- Trail etiquette discussion.
- New/Other business.
- Utah solar eclipse trip/options.
- Review list of possible one day trips for 2023.
- Close meeting.
- Open discussion.
|Past Meeting Minutes
|Past Board Meeting Minutes
- Reviewed action items from previous board meeting.
- Working on list of possible 4WD roads for one day trips.
- Working on process to mentor new leaders.
- Continuing trip planning process.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Introduced new board members.
- No guests.
- No new members.
- Reviewed board meeting minutes from off site meeting. Trail leader mentoring, trail etiquette documents, potential one day trip list, documents on the web site, review of extended length trips planned.
- Treasurers report was read by Rich H. Proposed budget for 2023 was reviewed. Motion to accept budget by Matt S, second by Mike C. Motion passed.
- Motion by Greg B to donate $250 to Moose Lodge to make up for not donating last year. Second by Mike C. Motion passed.
- Roger B gave an update on Club Express. We have 110 active members, including primary and secondary. Renewals have been sent out. Only 10 are unpaid at present.
- Kathy H is looking for someone to start up the Ladies Lunch event again.
- Special events being planned; Memorial Day May 29, Labor Day Picnic, Christmas Party Dec 2, after Middle St. Vrain seasonal opening dinner Jun 17.
- Discussed advantage of planning in November for the following year and once again in March or April to plan one day trips.
- Silverton CO trip being planned for July 22 to July 29. This includes the travel days. Watch the calendar for details.
- Memorial Day picnic will be at Gary B on May 29th. Meat will be provided. Pot luck for other items. Need tables and chairs. Watch the calendar for more details.
- Ray C is working on a trip to Cody WY. Watch the calendar for more details.
- Pre club meeting dinner social event will be at Las Palmeras in Longmont. Contact Greg B to attend.
- Motion to close meeting, Gordon H, second by Mark G.
- Open discussion.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is February 26th
The following people are signed up to bring club refreshments for the club meeting.
Feb – Horiuchi’s
Mar – Harmon’s
Apr – Briden’s
May – James Henneke
Jun – Mike Cohan
Aug – Mark Grayson
Sep – Katherine Fuller
Oct – Schwall’s
Nov – (Moose Lodge)
Dec – Paula Kratzer / Adam Mehlberg
Dues are Due
Dues are due for 2023. You should be getting an email from the TRR website. You can log in to the website to pay your dues online later this month. You can also pay at the February meeting.
Review Updated Guides
Please take a look at the updated Trail Leader Guide and Trail Etiquette guide on the club web site. You can find them in the Documents section in the Information folder.
Trail Idea List
Also review the list of one day trails on the web site also in the Documents section in the Trip Reports/Trip Ideas folder.
|Recent Trip Articles
See our club web page photo albums for pictures of trip.
©Copyright - Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Inc. - 1985-2023