2023 March newsletter
Adam Mehlberg | Published on 3/1/2023
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Newsletter
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
Longmont, CO 80502
March 2023 Newsletter
Club forum, email to email@example.com, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday March 8th, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501.
Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street.
We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 6:59pm - Board Meeting
- Continue leader mentoring discussion
- New member onboarding documents
- Consider expanded member recognition
- Book raffle discussion
- Review extended trips on calendar
- Update on action items
|7:00pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Introduce guests.
- Welcome new members.
- Board meeting update.
- Treasurers report.
- Club Express update.
- Leader mentoring process.
- Trail etiquette discussion.
- New/Other business.
- Plan one day trips for 2023.
- Close meeting.
- Open discussion.
|Past Meeting Minutes
|Past Board Meeting Minutes
- Reviewed action items from previous board meeting.
- List of possible 4WD roads for one day trips presented.
- Working on process to mentor new leaders. Write up being improved.
- Went over list of extended trips on the calendar and proposed at the moment. See online calendar.
- Discussed the Colorado 4WD Association and its present activity level. Will monitor for now, consider joining later.
- Review of the onboarding process documents.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- No guests.
- No new members.
- Reviewed board meeting topics. See above.
- Treasurers report was read by Mike M. Rich H will be paying dues to other 4WD groups for supporting memberships. Our tax filing is complete.
- Mike M gave an update on Club Express, for Roger. We have 95 active members, including primary and secondary. Renewals have been sent out. Only 5 are unpaid at present.
- Review of the Trail Etiquette document and the Trip Leader documents with request for feedback from members. Some suggestions were to include GPS knowledge and research for trip planning done by online videos.
- Discussed Ticaboo solar eclipse trip (external organization paid trip) options and area. Also discussed the type of eclipse this will be. Could be done as an individual club trip with out the external groups additional events. Date of eclipse is October 14, 2023.
- Club members to review Trip Idea List for planning at the March meeting.
- Silverton CO trip being planned for July 22 to July 29. This includes the travel days. Watch the calendar for details.
- Memorial Day picnic will be at Gary B on May 29th. Meat will be provided. Pot luck for other items. Need tables and chairs. Register on the calendar.
- Ray C is working on a trip to Cody WY. Watch the calendar for more details.
- Jeff T has a trip on the calendar for a nine-day expedition to southern New Mexico. See club calendar.
- Motion to close meeting, Vic W, second by Gordon H.
- Open discussion.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is March 26th
The following people are signed up to bring club refreshments for the club meeting.
Mar – Harmon’s
Apr – Briden’s
May – James Henneke
Jun – Mike Cohan
Aug – Mark Grayson
Sep – Katherine Fuller
Oct – Schwall’s
Nov – (Moose Lodge)
Dec – Paula Kratzer / Adam Mehlberg
Review Updated Guides
Please take a look at the updated Trail Leader Guide and Trail Etiquette guide on the club web site. You can find them in the Documents section in the Information folder.
Trail Idea List
Also review the list of one day trails on the web site also in the Documents section in the Trip Reports/Trip Ideas folder.
|Recent Trip Articles
See our club web page photo albums for pictures of trip.
©Copyright - Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Inc. - 1985-2023