2023 April newsletter
Adam Mehlberg | Published on 4/4/2023
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Newsletter
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
Longmont, CO 80502
April 2023 Newsletter
Club forum, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday April 12th, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501
Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street.
We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance, take the 2nd left, off the lobby, enter the middle hall and continue north to the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 6:59pm - Board Meeting
- Continue leader mentoring discussion
- Report on options for member recognition (Kat, Ray)
- Guide Book raffle planning
- Colorado 4WD Association membership discussion
- Review extended trips on calendar
- Discuss Blue Ribbon Coalition concern. (Is TRR a club level member?)
- Discuss WhatsApp communication tool for trips
|7:00pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Introduce guests.
- Welcome new members.
- Board meeting update.
- Treasurers report.
- Club Express update.
- Leader mentoring process.
- Trail etiquette discussion.
- New/Other business.
- Planning for Middle St. Vrain fencing project.
- Planning for Memorial Day Picnic.
- Snow Run trip review.
- Easter Jeep Safari review.
- Jeep Jamboree Llano TX review.
- On X Offroad mapping software presentation.
- Close meeting.
- Open discussion.
|Past Meeting Minutes
|Past Board Meeting Minutes
- Will have hard copies of the onboarding documents at future meetings. (Secretary had them with him, but didn’t remember he did)
- Final Trail Leader and Trail Etiquette documents posted on the web site in the Documents section. Informed the club members through the General Forum.
- Talked about a new Recognition program. Will table for now. Kat F and Ray C will work on proposal and bring to the next board meeting.
- Will do the 4WD Book Raffle (Chuck Wells books, both volumes for Colorado, Arizona, and Utah) at the Memorial Day Picnic.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Welcomed guests Randy and Cindy Wiegand, Daniel West and Greg.
- No new members.
- Reviewed board meeting topics. See above.
- Treasurers report was read by Mike M.
- Roger B gave an update on Club Express. Membership renewals are now past due. Roger B may have a presentation on entering trips on the club calendar.
- Final Trail Etiquette document and the Trip Leader document are uploaded to the web page Documents folder.
- Kathy H sent the sign up list for a club wall calendar around again to find out how many people are interested.
- The Ladies Lunch was promoted again by Kathy H to find out if anyone is interested in coordinating this event.
- Mile Hi Jeep Club’s annual All 4 Fun event will be at Empire, Colorado on July 22 to 29.
- Gordon H is communicating with Matt Henry of the Boulder Ranger District to start the planning for the seasonal opening and buck and rail fence project on the Middle St. Vrain 4WD road in June.
- Did a lot of planning for one day trips and longer extended trips. Trips will be uploaded onto the club calendar by the trip leaders. Look for trip details on the club calendar.
- Motion to close meeting, Vic W, second by Wanda C.
- Open discussion.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is April 26th
Elaine Gray passed away on Thursday, March 16, 2023, in Longmont, CO. She loved traveling and was a very active member of our club. Her hobbies included painting, crocheting and beading. She will be remembered for her “light up the room” smile and her warm giggle.
The following people are signed up to bring club refreshments for the club meeting.
Apr – Briden’s
May – James Henneke
Jun – Mike Cohan
Jul – Gawrysh's
Aug – Mark Grayson
Sep – Katherine Fuller
Oct – Schwall’s
Nov – (Moose Lodge)
Dec – Paula Kratzer / Adam Mehlberg
Guide Book Raffle
We will have a raffle of a set of Chuck Wells’ 4WD guide books; Colorado North and South, Arizona, and Utah at the Memorial Day Picnic. Those attending will receive one raffle ticket for the drawing to be held at the picnic.
|Recent Trip Articles
See our club web page photo albums for pictures of trip.
©Copyright - Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Inc. - 1985-2023