Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Newsletter
Trailridge Runners 4WD Club
Longmont, CO 80502
December 2023 Newsletter
Club forum, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which will go to all TRR members
Wednesday December 13th, 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Moose Lodge #1548, 2200 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501
Open to all members and guests.
The lodge is one street west of main, between 21st and 23rd on Pratt Street.
We'll be in the north hall. Folks who arrive early will need to enter at the main entrance. In the lobby the rear left double door is the middle hall and continuing through the middle hall is the north hall. The front door is a key card door but there is a button for the bar tenders to open the door. Those that arrive early can prop the door open on east side of the north hall so folks can park on the east side of the building and enter through that door.
|6:30pm to 6:59pm - Social Time
|7:00pm to 9:00pm - Meeting
- Introduce guests.
- Welcome new members.
- Treasurers report.
- Board meeting update.
- Club Express update.
- Ray’s Extravaganza.
- New/Other business.
- Nominations for 2024 club officers.
- Vote for 2024 club officers and Four Wheeler of the Year.
- Planning for Christmas Party.
- Planning for 2024 trips.
- Close meeting.
- John G video of Ray’s Wyoming trip.
- Open discussion.
|Past Meeting Minutes
|Past Board Meeting Minutes
- Discussed Bureau of Land Management plan to close 317 miles of trails west of Moab, Utah. Red Rock 4 Wheelers have donated $25,000 to Blue Ribbon Coalition to help fight this closure. The Utah Public Lands Alliance is matching donations for the first $50,000. More will be discussed at the December board and club meetings.
- Dues for Supporting members will go from$75 to $85 due to the Colorado Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition increasing their dues. Information on this change sent to the members.
|Past Meeting Minutes
- Welcomed guests Walter Edwards.
- Welcome to our prospective member Bryan Swallow.
- Treasurers report was read by Rich H.
- Club Express update. We have three prospective members.
- Nominations for club officers for 2024 are being accepted. We will be voting at the December club meeting. Also be thinking about a write in for Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Four Wheeler of the Year.
- The Labor Day Picnic will be held at Gary B’s house this year. We are looking for someone to volunteer to host the Memorial Day Picnic.
- Kathy H is looking for a social event coordinator to help her with the club events.
- The two club combination locks for the host site are gone. We will need to purchase a new combo lock for the host site so that people can volunteer to log users of the Middle St Vrain 4WD road.
- The club Christmas party is now on the club calendar, December 29th. This event will be held at John and Kathy H’s house. Please register on the calendar so that Kathy will know how many will be attending.
- We will be doing planning for one day trips again in March of 2024.
- Mike C gave a review of the October Moab, Utah trip. Five jeeps went. They had great fall colors and bright blue skies. On day one Rich H lead Dellenbaugh Tunnel and Secret Spire. Day two Rich H lead Top of the World. Day three Ed D lead Cameo Cliffs. Day four Mike C lead Onion Creek. Day five Rich H lead Poison Spider. Day six James H lead the Shafer Trail. Look for a photo album on the club web site.
- Review of the Middle St. Vrain and Coney Flats seasonal closure run. It turned out that the November 4th trip would be the seasonal closure. Alex Collin, Boulder Ranger District, went along with our group on the Middle St. Vrain. The road was snowy making some obstacles easier, and others harder. Adam M needed the first tug at the second French drain, two logs across the road, followed by Mike C needing to winch off the center boulder at the obstacle before the water holes. Gordon H was first into the water holes breaking up the thick ice. We sent Gordon H and John G a head to see if the climb up from the river was doable. It was, so we all headed up the road making the Coney Creek crossing and two more water holes with ice to break up. The group make it to the hiking trailhead and had lunch. The trip back out was quick with not strapping or winching needed. Alex locked the gate and a group of four went over to the Coney Flats side to run it. Rich H gave the review. The group caught up with one driver struggling on the Coney Flats road, so they sent him back out while they continued. They all made it to within a mile of Coney Flats before turning around due the late afternoon. On the way out they ran into another person coming in. All headed out and the gate was locked for the season. Look for a photo album on the club web site.
- Motion to close meeting, Wanda C, second by Greg B.
- Open discussion.
|Deadline for next Newsletter is December 26th
Dues are Due
Your 2024 club dues are due by the February club meeting. Dues can be paid on line on our club web site, or in person at a club meeting.
The following people are signed up to bring club refreshments for the club meeting.
Dec – Paula Kratzer / Adam Mehlberg
Meeting Night Dinner
There is a casual get together for dinner at 5:00 pm at the Las Palmeras restaurant in Longmont. Contact Greg B at 303-776-1148 or text message to 720-353-9416 to let him know you will be attending. Reservation is under “Greg”.
|Recent Trip Articles
See our club web page photo albums for pictures of trips.
©Copyright - Trailridge Runners 4WD Club Inc. - 1985-2023